PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2010 Project Broser bug?!

samov
2009-06-22, 01:11 PM
Revit 2010 Project Broser bug?!
Ok. I have my Project Browser filter set to "Sheet name Equal to <None>"

What this essentially does is HIDE views that are already on sheets so you do not see them with views that are not on sheets.

The problem is IF you create a Duplicate - View Dependant the "new duplicate" is not on a sheet (or the list under the sheet) BUT does not show in the Project Browser either.

Essentially you created a view that once closed you can not open again.

I tested this and if you created another one is has (2) in the name... so the original one is still there.

Any thoughts?!

Scott Womack
2009-06-22, 02:39 PM
Revit 2010 Project Broser bug?!
Ok. I have my Project Browser filter set to "Sheet name Equal to <None>"

What this essentially does is HIDE views that are already on sheets so you do not see them with views that are not on sheets.

The problem is IF you create a Duplicate - View Dependant the "new duplicate" is not on a sheet (or the list under the sheet) BUT does not show in the Project Browser either.

Essentially you created a view that once closed you can not open again.

I tested this and if you created another one is has (2) in the name... so the original one is still there.

Any thoughts?!

Why aren't you using the OOTB Browser setting of Not On Sheets?

I have not had time to test what you are saying about not being able to open the view once closed.

patricks
2009-06-22, 02:46 PM
The same issue appears to be present in 2009.

If I understand correctly, if your browser is set to only list views not on sheets, and you create a dependent view of a view that is already on a sheet, then the dependent view doesn't show up at all in the browser. I just tried it in 2009 and got the same result.

However it does show up when I switch the browser back to show all views.

Indeed this appears to be a bug that has probably been around since dependent views were introduced in Revit 2008, unless there is some other setting we're missing. Since I never place the "parent" view on a sheet, this has never been an issue for me. But I can see how it can be a problem for those who use dependent views for addendum or supplemental instruction or revision issues.

So the issue is that a dependent view created from a view already placed on a sheet does not show up at all in the browser, if the browser is set to "Not On Sheets".

Similarly, if you have a parent view with dependent views, with browser set to Not On Sheets, and you place the parent view on a sheet, the dependent views disappear with it, whether or not they are on sheets.

samov
2009-06-22, 03:56 PM
Where is this "Not on Sheets" setting ... i am not able to find it?

Why aren't you using the OOTB Browser setting of Not On Sheets?

I have not had time to test what you are saying about not being able to open the view once closed.

samov
2009-06-22, 04:01 PM
The same issue appears to be present in 2009.

If I understand correctly, if your browser is set to only list views not on sheets, and you create a dependent view of a view that is already on a sheet, then the dependent view doesn't show up at all in the browser. I just tried it in 2009 and got the same result.

You understood my issue perfectly.

It seems to be more of a "logical bug". I don't think anyone thought about doing this. The problem, i think, is that when on a sheet, a view is not expected to have duplicates on other sheets or the same sheet... so it does not display the + sign so you can expand.

It seems that IF the parent view is on a sheet... the dependent view's "on sheet" variable is correct... but since the parent view disappears form the list it does not have "under" what parent view to "present" itself.

Scott Womack
2009-06-22, 04:01 PM
Where is this "Not on Sheets" setting ... i am not able to find it?

Pick on the top of the Browser, then Properties, in the pulldown it should be there, possibly at the very bottom (I can not remember how these are sorted)

I just started a project without a template, to ensure it was there.

samov
2009-06-22, 04:35 PM
Pick on the top of the Browser, then Properties, in the pulldown it should be there, possibly at the very bottom (I can not remember how these are sorted)

I just started a project without a template, to ensure it was there.

Now i get it. This uses the same filder "Sheet Name Equal to <none>" in Filters to achive the same thing.

The issue is still there.