PDA

View Full Version : 3 Run Stair problem

plavallee
2009-06-22, 02:32 PM
I am having trouble understanding why this is happening to the stringer on this perticular stair. The outside stringer to the bottom run does not line up with the stairs and when I select the line when I edit it and preset it to slope it slopes up instead of down. The weird part is the stair for the lower level was created by copy/pasting the upper level stair and changing the direction of the stair and mirroring the stair in sketch mode. As you can see it works perfectly. Does anybody have any ideas?

Scott Womack
2009-06-22, 02:43 PM
I am having trouble understanding why this is happening to the stringer on this perticular stair. The outside stringer to the bottom run does not line up with the stairs and when I select the line when I edit it and preset it to slope it slopes up instead of down. The weird part is the stair for the lower level was created by copy/pasting the upper level stair and changing the direction of the stair and mirroring the stair in sketch mode. As you can see it works perfectly.

The esiest fix, is to edit the stair, and in sketch mode, use the Split tool, to break the green stringer line at the end of the top riser.

If the Floor to floor heights are the same, why did you not build the stair on the lowest level, and then click on the multifloor box, and tell it how high to go?