PDA

View Full Version : Unable to selected grouped objects -RAC 2009

t1.shep
2009-06-22, 09:22 PM
I made a group of generic model elements, but can not select the group in certain views. If I click on one of the elements it shows that it is part of a group but I can't select the entire group (to copy the group to a new location for instance.)
I started in an Elevation view and made all the elements and then selected the ones I want and made a group. Now if I try to select that group in the elevation view (or a callout of the the elevation) I only can select the individual element and not the group. Now, if I go to a section or plan or 3d view I can select the group.
Any thoughts on what's going on? Is this just a bug, or does it have something to do with the way the group is created?

mmiles
2009-06-22, 09:40 PM
I've no answer. But, I have experienced the same problem.

Gadget Man
2009-06-23, 05:45 AM
I am not sure if this is your problem but I have experienced this situation when some part of my group wasn't visible in a view I tried to select the whole group in (say cropped or "behind me").

Normally, as soon as I could see the whole lot, I could select it as a group again... But this may have been just a coincidence and something else might be playing up... I am not sure - just a thought...

t1.shep
2009-07-01, 04:17 PM
I am not sure if this is your problem but I have experienced this situation when some part of my group wasn't visible in a view I tried to select the whole group in (say cropped or "behind me").

Normally, as soon as I could see the whole lot, I could select it as a group again... But this may have been just a coincidence and something else might be playing up... I am not sure - just a thought...

Still doesn't solve the issue. If I'm in a detail for example, and try to select the group, I am only able to select one element of the group. If I uncrop the view, there is not change. I can even go to an elevation view of the group and still am only able to select a single element of the group (not the group itself.) the only solution I've found is to go to a 3d view where I'm able to select the entire group. This makes group editing very tedious, as my 3d view takes a bit to load each time.

sbrown
2009-07-01, 05:16 PM
I can't answer the why this is happening. But I have a solution. You can select the group from your project browser too. Just scroll down to the bottom of the browse and you'll see the groups heading with Model and detail groups there. Just right click and edit. I think it may have to do with worksets and the elements in the group are in one workset but the actual group is in a different workset.

t1.shep
2009-07-01, 05:19 PM
I can't answer the why this is happening. But I have a solution. You can select the group from your project browser too. Just scroll down to the bottom of the browse and you'll see the groups heading with Model and detail groups there. Just right click and edit. I think it may have to do with worksets and the elements in the group are in one workset but the actual group is in a different workset.

that's a good tip about using the project browser. In my case, I don't have worksets enabled, however, so it can't be caused by that.

sbrown
2009-07-01, 05:56 PM
have you tried turning the lightbulb on to see if somehow something in the group got hidden in view and that is causing you not to beable to select it? Just grasping at things.