PDA

View Full Version : AUGI Revit Exchange submissions

PeterJ
2004-11-02, 04:10 PM
When I updated the Exchange front page for October I was at pains to point out that the one test by which the AUGI Revit Exchange will stand or fall will be the quality of it's content.

I am now ready to start receiving submissions for the launch of the Exchange. If you would like something submitted then please email it to me at AUGI<nospamplease>@ja-s.co.uk (removing the obvious unwanted text) along with a completed version of the attached spreadsheet. Not all the fields in the spreadsheet will apply to all of your families but the more useful data you submit the greater flexibility there will ultimately be in searches when we launch the Exchange. Please make sure the spreadsheet and Exchange item have the same name and the correct file extensions.

We do not have the resources to check your families for content so any families that don't work when you send them to us won't work if anyone downloads them, so please take the time to check and double check that they work before submitting.

The fact that we are asking for submissions should not be taken as an indication that the Exchange will be working tomorrow, just confirmation that we are edging closer.

beegee
2004-11-08, 10:14 PM
The response on this has been .... less than overwhelming.

I'm sure there there are lots of families out there just looking for a good home.

Please spare a little time to upload your homeless families to PeterJ ( per post above ) and he will make sure they are housed and cared for.

Merlin
2004-11-08, 11:41 PM
..... and he will make sure they are housed and cared for.

.....with fresh shredded newspaper in the base of their box every day!

Sorry BeeGee....couldn't help myself!......I will submit that window seat soon...just have to make some alterations. I am eager to see this exchange become all that it could/should be with the numbers of members from all over

cheers,
John Mc

Prodev75
2004-11-09, 12:54 AM
The response on this has been .... less than overwhelming.

I'm sure there there are lots of families out there just looking for a good home.

Please spare a little time to upload your homeless families to PeterJ ( per post above ) and he will make sure they are housed and cared for.

Won't the exchange have upload capibilities? Is there any reason why we can't upload the families when its online?

Scott D Davis
2004-11-09, 01:13 AM
Because we want to launch it full of NEW content.....most of the RUGI stuff was created in 5.0 or less, so we are looking for new stuff to add!

Please get your submissions in! We need content!

PeterJ
2004-11-09, 07:21 AM
Won't the exchange have upload capibilities? Is there any reason why we can't upload the families when its online?
In order to get the Exchange online as quickly as possible, the upload functions are not receiving as much development effort as the remainder of the toolset so it is quite likely that we will launch without the upload facility and continue to accept submissions by email for me/other staff to add to the database manually. We would love to have everything fully operational at launch time but we prefer, after the delays we have seen, to have a usable download facility and worry about the submission side, which will always require a degree of manual control to check content, later.

The real reason I want people to make submissions now though is to ensure that the content is as fresh as possible.

adegnan
2004-11-09, 12:57 PM
Well I'm updating the Andersen double-hung windows as we speak. Finally had a need for them on a current project so I had to get to work. I'll be including double- and triple-mulled units but I do not have them parametric or in type catalogs yet... I'm using standard size on the project so only had to create one and get it to work. Pfhew... a bit of work to go!

Wes Macaulay
2004-11-09, 11:18 PM
I'm using Excel 2000 and I can't get the drop down categories to "stick"... it keeps coming back to whatever they are in Peter's template.

Help?

Rhythmick
2004-11-10, 01:05 AM
I'm using Excel 2000 and I can't get the drop down categories to "stick"... it keeps coming back to whatever they are in Peter's template.

Help?

I'm having the same issue as well. The drop downs are protected from editing from the default selections and requires a password to change the protection.

I'm using Excel 2002.

Scott Hopkins
2004-11-10, 02:42 AM
I'm having the same issue as well. The drop downs are protected from editing from the default selections and requires a password to change the protection.

I'm using Excel 2002.
Yes - me too. It's very frustrating. PeterJ, how about a little help on this one?

PeterJ
2004-11-10, 09:41 AM
I'll have a look. I worked it up in Excel 2003 but I thought that it was backwards compatible.

I'll try and post by close of play tomorrow if you can hold your horses 'til then.

Thanks.

PeterJ
2004-11-11, 10:20 AM
OK. Revised spreadsheet now attached. I am pretty certain that the relevant protected/unprotected bits are as they should be now.

Thanks.

andrew.78825
2004-11-30, 08:20 PM
PeterJ, So what is the anticipated live date for AUGI Revit community?
Did you ever get the old RUGI content. A lot of it was still OK to use. Old or not, content was still good, Sinks and Windows and other stuff does not change much.

PeterJ
2004-11-30, 08:45 PM
You are using the AUGI Revit community pages right now. News on the Exchange can be found here (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=7300&page=20&pp=10).