PDA

View Full Version : topography + building

comical_wenger
2009-06-23, 11:36 AM
Hi i am doing a tutorial about taking topography from a dwg file. Do you even model in revit using topography and if so do you import it from a dwg or do you make it yourself in revit?

thanks

iankids
2009-06-23, 11:45 AM
Hi C_W,

If the autocad file is created with the correct z (height) of all of the points, it is possible to import the points and have Revit create to toposurface from those points.

Whilst it is possible, I have never been able to make it work successfully as invariably, there will be some errors in the points as provided to me from the land surveyor (If indeed they have any z points at all!). Thus inevitable I use the dwg file as an underlay and the create the points directly in Revit.

Cheers,

Ian

comical_wenger
2009-06-23, 01:15 PM
cheers, yeah i would be making them in revit. I guess essenitally I just want to know how importaint is making a terrain? Eventually i want to do my final render in max anyway, so I guess it would just be for a site plan the topography or it could be useful if i was working with a really undulating site which influenced the design of the building.
thoughts?