PDA

View Full Version : Section near overhead door--wall poche gone

christo4robin
2003-09-03, 06:46 PM
I have a section cut through a garage looking away from the garage door. The section cuts through the "swing" of door and consequently it blanks out the wall surface poche beyond. Anyone have a suggestion, or perhaps a sectional overhead door that doesn't suffer from this issue?

Thanks,

Christopher

sbrown
2003-09-03, 09:25 PM
This is a known issue(at least to many of us) I'm not sure if revit knows. the only solutions are to turn off the door panel object style or move the section.

Yman
2003-09-03, 09:54 PM
I don't know if this will do it but open the door family and then go to 3d view and then put your mark over the head of the opening cut and tab through until you get the "opening cut" to show and then select. Look in the option bar and see if the "3d" and "elevation" boxes are checked. If the elevation one isn't checked then that is your problem.

As Scott and I mentioned before we thought it was a bug (at least I thought it was). I called revit and talked to them for a little and they told me about the transparent thing. They said it has been there the whole time but most of my doors worked fine before the last release without the elevation box needed checked, so I think they must have fixed some programming and now the doors work right in section, if the "elevation" transparent box is not checked.

If that does not fix it then there is something else wrong with the program, basically what Scott said, a bug.

Y

beegee
2003-09-03, 10:15 PM
Yman,

I tested that in a file where I had had a similar problem and confirm that it works. Sweet.

I'm not sure why anyone would want an opening cut not to be transparent in elevation though ? Should always default to transparent IMHO.

Please post this as a tip in the appropriate forum, if you would.

Wes Macaulay
2003-09-04, 08:31 AM
The upshot of all this is that often these solutions are in front of our eyes... if we had noted the buttons that appeared when we had the opening cut selected, we would notice the checkboxes that Chris Y mentioned!