PDA

View Full Version : Changing the size of grid bubbles

stephanschneller
2009-06-24, 05:39 PM
Is it possible to assign two different sizes to one and the same grid line?

....the reason ...i'd like to set up a key plan (1:500) but the bubbles used on the GAs (1:50) are simply too big....and changing the once on the key plan changes the once on the GA's.

Is there a work around?

Thank you

Chad Smith
2009-06-25, 12:35 AM
No you can't. You could create a Generic Annotation family and manually place them, but that really defeats the purpose of Revit.

I will say that putting grids on a Key Plan is a little unusual, I certainly haven't seen this practice before. Key Plans are usually small and too cramped to show such a level of detail.

twiceroadsfool
2009-06-25, 01:03 AM
No you can't. You could create a Generic Annotation family and manually place them, but that really defeats the purpose of Revit.

I will say that putting grids on a Key Plan is a little unusual, I certainly haven't seen this practice before. Key Plans are usually small and too cramped to show such a level of detail.

I *think* you can put them in a Design Option, and in the "Site Plan" option have them be a smaller Grid Family... But im not certain you can do it.

Pretty sure though...

Chad Smith
2009-06-25, 01:08 AM
Just tried, so yes you can add Grids to Design Options, but they will still unfortunately be two different independent objects.

eldad
2009-06-25, 06:28 AM
You could create your keyplan as a symbol, you can set yes/no parameters to show areas of the plan that relate and add the symbol to your title block...

Chad Smith
2009-06-25, 06:51 AM
That's exactly what I do.

Stephan, I have attached a stripped back sample title block family file which demonstrates this technique. You will notice that the title block has an Instance Parameter (Key Plan) which controls the identifiable portions of the key plan.

Once the key plan is setup, it will make choosing your desired key plan very quick.

twiceroadsfool
2009-06-25, 12:58 PM
I do the key plan as an annotation symbol as well, but sometimes on very large projects you need grids on master plans, and on larger scale plans, and it comes up as an issue.

Yeah, with DO's theyre still seperate objects, but if youre methodical in how you create the DO its not a total mess...

stephanschneller
2009-06-25, 07:50 PM
Thank you very much guys, DO's work fine.

Normally I wouldnt use gridlines neither but in this case I wanted to show the locations of different column & wall types on the key plan in relation to the grids.

The 'symbol with parameter' option works very well too.

Cheers again.

Stephan