PDA

View Full Version : Offset Roof Ridge

jcoe
2009-06-25, 01:28 PM
I have been working on modeling an existing roof and need to offset the ridge in one location, but Revit keeps centering the ridge on the span. How can I force the ridge to be offset from center. I have attached some images for clarity.

jeffh
2009-06-25, 02:36 PM
If you look close at the section/elevation you posted you can see the one eve on the left is lower than the one on the right. When you are sketching the roof Revit assumes all lines of the sketch are at the same height. It is a matter of geometry. If the eves are at the same height, the overhang is the same, and the slope is the same, the ridge line will appear in the middle of the roof.

To fix your roof select the edge of the roof that is lower in the sketch of the roof. Then open the properties of the sketch line. Now give it a negative offest from the roof level. The ridge line will move to the correct position.

jcoe
2009-06-25, 07:57 PM
Thanks Jeff.

In all the years I've used the software, I never noticed I could offset the value of a single line in my roof sketch.

jeffh
2009-06-25, 08:44 PM
Thanks Jeff.

In all the years I've used the software, I never noticed I could offset the value of a single line in my roof sketch.

Shhhhhh! It is a secret. You can use this trick to make dutch hip/gable ends whatever you call them.