PDA

View Full Version : can you schedule view numbers per sheet to renumber??

nblevins
2009-06-25, 04:22 PM
is there any work around way to shedule views with their sheets AND their number on the respective sheet? its not an field that shows up, but it would be SO helpful!

renumbering views is such a headache once their on the sheet... i was hoping to at least be able to do it in a schedule format, but i can only show the sheet, not the individual numbers..

i know its been covered before, and i'm pretty sure its a lost cause, but i thought i'd ask.

guitarchitect7
2009-06-25, 06:57 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but have you looked into View List? I recall a number, but it might have been sheet number instead of view number which is what you're looking for.

nblevins
2009-06-25, 07:01 PM
where is view list? i was trying to add view numbers as a column in a view schedule, but the only numbering field offered is the sheet number.

guitarchitect7
2009-06-25, 07:16 PM
where is view list? i was trying to add view numbers as a column in a view schedule, but the only numbering field offered is the sheet number.

View List is a custom schedule showing properties of your project browser. By doing a view list, you have a one stop shop to change view names, numbers, phases, display properties, etc, etc.

Try a help menu search to learn more.

Like I mentioned, I think the only nuber field may be sheet number, but I wasn't sure.

nblevins
2009-06-25, 07:23 PM
whoops.. that's what i've been using.. it doesn't display view numbers though, only sheet numbers.

this many versions later, it seems like a simple enough feature to add... i have no love for opening sheets one at a time, going through the massively tedious & un-revit-like process of individually renumbering every single view, and hoping that i don't have to rearrange anything for any reason ever again :-\