PDA

View Full Version : Cost per m2

Grumple
2009-06-26, 12:09 PM
Hi all,

Found a lot of complicated posts and blogs about this but it is all in SF which makes it all the more confusing...

I've set up a multi category material take off schedule, and I have the fields: Material: Area, Material: Cost and Cost that I would like to use to obtain an estimated cost of each material used.

I know I have to make a calculated value, but what would the formula be?

Any help much apreciated :)

Grumple
2009-06-29, 08:46 AM
Anyone? :|

arqt49
2009-06-29, 09:10 AM
I don't think that is possible inside revit.
The Cost of some items are by unit, some are by sqm (or sqf), como are by bolume, some by weight..
It means that you should get a Finalcost shared parameter inside your families and consider the builtin Cost parameter as rate.
This is a one way. A very complicated way.

LRaiz
2009-06-29, 12:10 PM
If you know cost per m2 then the formula is
cost = cost_per_m2 * area / (1m * 1m)

Grumple
2009-06-30, 08:46 AM
Thanks Leonid...

But, the field 'cost_per_m2' doesn't exist. So how do I get it to use that formula?

The available fields are - Material: Area & Material: Cost (which I thought WAS cost per m2?!)

Ideally you could say "Cost = Material: Area * Material: Cost" - But these are inconsistant units...

So... How do I get a formula to recognise 'Cost per m2' as a field in my material takeoff? Or get the units to be 'consistant'?

Many thanks for the input :)

Munkholm
2009-06-30, 09:47 AM
You need to add "Cost per m²" as a project parameter, and then make the formula in the schedule.
To deal with "inconsistant units" try to divide one og the values with 1,0 - to break the units. (Usualy works)

"Cost = (Material: Area / 1) * Cost per m² / 1"

Maybe take a look at this post: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=76407&highlight=area+formula

Pavan Reddy
2009-06-30, 11:24 AM
Try this COST= Material: Area*Material: Cost /(1'^2) for m² and /(1^3) for cubic meter.

LRaiz
2009-06-30, 12:08 PM
Introduce a calculated parameter with a name of your choice. Use formula
calculated_value=Material:Cost * Material:Area / (1m*1m)

Available parameter Material:Cost is unit-less and since you are giving it a meaning as cost per square meter then you have to divide Material:Area by square meter. Other people may imply other meanings (i.e. cost per square foot) and their formula would be different.

Grumple
2009-07-02, 12:00 PM
Thanks guys :)

I personally think Autodesk could write this into Revit to save all this work around!

Great responses though, I hope this helps others in the future :)

sh.rahmanzadeh655982
2014-05-08, 02:12 PM
For me this worked the best:

Materiale: Area / 1m / 1m * Costo

Thanks everybody