PDA

View Full Version : How to create a 24x36 Titleblock Family With different style sheets within it

dannycerezo
2009-06-26, 11:02 PM
Hi guys,

I'm trying to create a 24x36 Titleblock family that has 3 types of sheets in it:

- Horizontal Notes "Bar" along the bottom
- Vertical Notes "Bar" along the right side
- Grid for placing details.

The idea is that I have one 24x36 family loaded and when I create a new sheet I can control the visibility of the "bars" or "grid."

Right now what I have are (3) separate families; one for each style. As you can imagine with different size sheets, this gets nuts to manage. (3) families for 8.5 x 11 - Horizontal, (3) families for 8.5 x 11 - Vertical, and on and on.

Now, I created a new titleblock and drew some lines. The problem is, I don't see how I can control the visibility parameters of those lines.

Can someone help me out here?

mcloer
2009-06-27, 02:44 AM
You will need to create a Yes/No type parameter for each set of lines. Then select the lines. Associate the visibility parameter of the lines to the Yes/No parameters you created in the element properties box.

dannycerezo
2009-06-27, 04:57 PM
I tried exactly that, but when I select the lines, I don't see where I click to control the visibility parameter of those lines.

I knew how to do this in 2009, but not in 2010.

twiceroadsfool
2009-06-28, 01:50 AM
I tried exactly that, but when I select the lines, I don't see where I click to control the visibility parameter of those lines.

I knew how to do this in 2009, but not in 2010.

First... i would do that for the *detail grid* but i wouldnt do it for the different formats of titleblocks.

Just make those seperate families. You wont gain much of anything shoving them both in one titleblock.

Theres a button in the Ribbon for Visibility Controls when the items or selected, or you can do it from their Element Properties...

dannycerezo
2009-06-29, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I've given up on this, I just don't have time to fiddle with it.

Still, I don't see where you can control the visibility, of a line, or lines, with Yes/No parameters SPECIFICALLY in a titleblock family. I know how to do this elsewhere, but I can't find those options within the titleblock family.

I must be missing something.

twiceroadsfool
2009-06-29, 06:36 PM
Danny- see the attached.

FWIW its still not worth it to build your Landscape and Portrait Titleblocks in the same family... Just make new ones.

dannycerezo
2009-06-29, 06:53 PM
You are the man! Thanks a bunch. And I agree with you, I'll make them separate families.

Thanks!