PDA

View Full Version : REVISION TOOL

nrenfro
2004-11-02, 09:49 PM
In exploring this new and appreciated tool I have come across a question about the comment field. I like that their is a place to add a written description of what has changed in the area of the cloud, but aside from clicking on the cloud I do not see how this information can be extracted. Currently we include with a release of a revision set a matrix that describes each change as kind of a running log of all the revisions. It appears the revision tool is almost but not yet creating and manging these comments with in the file. I think two things are missing.
1) A comment field in the Revision schedule.
2) A link between the revision clouds and sheet (this way the revision sched could be detached from the sheet the revisions are on)

Date Sheet # Rev # Comment
11.02.04 A.2 1 Door resized from 2868 to a 3070
11.20.04 A.4 2 Attic dormer relocated

adegnan
2004-11-02, 09:52 PM
Further, right now a revision is just a "dumb" annotation. It does not relate to what is inside it or anything.

Does it make a difference to anyone?

Would it be good if the revision tool somehow took advantage of the design options tool, for instance, to keep track of what change is being made? So that it had knowledge of the object being changed within it?

Seems like a logical future step to me!

Chad Smith
2004-11-02, 10:00 PM
I made this wish (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=10125) for the revision clouds last week.