PDA

View Full Version : My first proper 3d render

warnoe uk
2009-07-01, 12:14 PM
well I find rendering in CAD a bit difficult, probaly due to no training

I've been using Sketch Up as a quick way to import 3d AA 09 cad files
and apply simple monochrome colours and shadows

I've now done my first 3d render with the VRAY plug in for Sketch up, there's
still a little bit to do in the 3d model i.e kitchen layout but was impressed how
quick it was rendered and how simple it was to use

http://warrenarchitecture.webs.com/WArender%20Rev%20A.jpg

warnoe uk
2009-07-02, 11:29 AM
well spent some more time on my 3d render by adding a plasma tv and new kitchen,
just goto sort out some of the materails and finish off the window

but here's how I've got on so far

http://www.warnoeuk.force9.co.uk/WArender%20Rev%20Ba.jpg

loydg
2009-07-06, 01:02 PM
Very interesting! I'm a V-Ray user in Max. We have a few SketchUp "gurus" in our team that have been curious about the V-Ray for SketchUp. Is it primarily for lighting or are there material features as well?

I'd be curious to see if there are any filtering options. The edges are pretty pipxelated...

Only a couple small crits:
1) gotta get rid of the tiling on the wallpaper. Any photoediting program that allows cropping will do.
2) something less popular or iconic on the LCD. Although I'm a Star Wars nerd, my eye went straight to the TV. Probably something "natural" that picks up one of the other colors in the scene. I think anything too vivid or different will still distract.

Hopefully these are helpful. Please keep the progress images coming!

dellis
2009-07-06, 07:39 PM
There seems to be some scaling issues with the table and chairs as well...could be a lens thing though. I would suggest some subtle reflections too. Great job for a first crack at it....and its showing progress. I wish i knew a little more about the VRay implementation in Sketchup....could probably suggest some settings that could help...just not sure if they are the same in MAX! keep working on it and post the progress.

medtill387189
2011-04-29, 09:22 PM
good work
i'am a new in the forums and i want to learn rendering 3d in autocad !
hawo i can start and what is it softs that me help
pleas help me
thanks