PDA

View Full Version : demo window new window issue

ntnik
2009-07-01, 06:25 PM
i have several existing windows that i am demoing and replacing with new. the block wall gets in filled when i demo the existing window. the new window does not remove the infill. i copied existing and pasted in same place the existing window and changed properties from existing to new .......what can i do not to have the in filled block wall??

ntnik
2009-07-01, 06:39 PM
i can go back and turn off the in fill in the view, is there anything else i can do ?

cporter.207875
2009-07-01, 06:47 PM
This is one thing that bothers me too. As you've noticed, as soon as you demolish the window, Revit infills the wall. This is because no opening element exists now so the wall must complete itself. Now, instead of copy/pasting alinged your new windows, you need to manually place one in the "new construction" view. This will allow your window to cut th infill wall, thus hiding the cmu hatch. After you manually place the first new window, you can copy multiple to place all the other instances you need on that level. It takes longer, but that will do it. Maybe someone here will know a better solution.

ntnik
2009-07-01, 09:55 PM
cool.......thanks, man