PDA

View Full Version : Performance Problem - Suddenly

mmiles
2009-07-02, 03:37 PM
RAC2009 -
I have 216 MB file; I am making revisions to the CDs - construction administration; plan views set to electrical discipline. Yesterday I was switching the discipline setting back and forth between electrical and archtitecture to review the different graphics settings. Additionally, I was moving, and inserting electrical families and dimensional constraints (EQ-EQ type). At one point I unchecked all imported drawings (among other things) in the view template settings.

suddenly, each time I pan, or zoom the program freezes for about 30 seconds before doing anything, and then repeats once I select an object - to move for example. At one point, earlier in the day, Revit crashed while I was working. But, the freezing did not correspond to that crash- it started much later, after working more in the file. I have audited the central file, made a new copy, and still the problem persists. Enable/Disable open GL does not appear to affect the problem, either.

Can someone offer me some pointers to clear this up? I have too much to do to just live with the lag in time - the project is very active and requires adjustments, additions etc. thanks.

ADD: it definitely is related to the Electrical discipline.

I was trying to get graphic over rides to work - changing furniture to appear more dark. with electrical discipline it doesn't offer any choice - just halftones everything. But now....architecture disciple applied to view messes up my organization.

mmiles
2009-07-02, 08:26 PM
FORGET IT.....PROBLEM IS OBVIOUSLY RELATED TO ELECTRICAL....AND SHOULD BE LISTED AS A 2ND POST....