PDA

View Full Version : calculated value schedule field

gdb
2009-07-02, 04:07 PM
I'm trying to do a simple unit conversion of "Net cut/fill" schedule field (I want in CY rather than CF). No problem doing this with "Cut" or "Fill" fields, but the "Net cut/fill" presents a problem because of the "/"symbol. How do I write this schedule field in the formula so it works?

Andre Carvalho
2009-07-02, 04:19 PM
Why don't you just go to the formating TAB for Net cut/Fill field and change its units to be Cubic Yard? You can do that by selecting the "Field format" button under formating tab, when you edit the properties of your schedule, unchecking the "Use project settings" and selecting the units you want.

Andre Carvalho

gdb
2009-07-02, 05:09 PM
Thanks Andre! I didn't know that was there. I'm glad I discovered that early because I will be doing a lot of scheduling. That solves my problem for now, but does anyone know how I can use a field such as "Net cut/fill" in a formula without running into problems. I'm sure this will come up again.

Andre Carvalho
2009-07-02, 06:43 PM
I would avoid using arithmetic symbols as name of parameters as Revit may get confused (as you can see in your example) when using these with actual arithmetic symbols in a formula.

Andre Carvalho

gdb
2009-07-02, 08:04 PM
"Net cut/fill" is an out of the box revit parameter. Still looking for a way this could be used if anyone knows, but if it isn't possible I'm sure I could create my own parameter that has an equal value but different name.

Also, for the benefit of anyone else that may read this thread. I did change the field format units display as indicated and that worked for that field, but if that field needs to be used in a subsequent formula it looks like revit uses the default value when that field is referenced (it doesn't use the formatted value that is actually displayed in the schedule). So if that field is used in a subsequent formula you will have to do a unit conversion within the subsequent formula.

mthurnauer
2009-07-02, 08:59 PM
This may seem silly, but you can make your own Net Cut/Fill parameter, say NetCutFill = Cut+Fill. I forget how the cut is reported. If it is reported as a positive number then you will want to make it Fill-Cut. You can then use your own parameter in formulas.

gdb
2009-07-06, 02:47 PM
I checked with Autodesk support and they confirmed the revit parameter "Net cut/fill" cannot be used in a formula. So creating a parameter is the way to go.