PDA

View Full Version : Artificial Lighting Problem

rorypsco
2009-07-02, 11:34 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get my artificial lighting to work. I've tried about 10 different lighting families and can only seem to get one of them to work.

I am using 2010 and have placed the lights in a compound ceiling - plain. I have tried all the different revit lighting combinations. I do not have my lights grouped but I have them all ticked in the dialog box.

I am not sure what the problem is. The only one I have got working is a pendent light that I downloaded from revit city all the others I have downloaded from the autodesk seek site.

Any tips or hints would be very much appreciated.

Rory

rorypsco
2009-07-02, 11:47 PM
I just tried the standard lighting options that come with Revit 2010 and they work so I think it is an issue with the lights I have downloaded. The only thing is the standard lighting that has come with Revit 2010 are two different bathroom heat lamps.

Does anyone know where I can get other reliable lighting fixtures that will work in 2010?

Thanks,

Rory

ws
2009-07-03, 08:21 AM
I'm also struggling to do anything with the supplied lights in renders.

I thought I read here somewhere that the wattage needs to be greatly increased but cannot find much in a general search on the subject so far.

btw There are a load of Revit model lights available here to try out if you haven't already come across them:
http://www.visalighting.com/site/resources/building-information-modeling-files-bim

Mike Sealander
2009-07-03, 12:15 PM
Couple things to look out for. The geometry of a light fixture, representing its physical parts, may actually be shielding the light source object. In Max, you can turn set the physical light fixture to not cast shadows, making it essentially invisible to the light source object. This is not available in Revit.
The other issue may be the .ies file associated with the light source. To test a light fixture family, I'd suggest building a room with no windows in which to place the light fixture. Then try rendering. If it doesn't work there, you know you're in trouble.

ws
2009-07-03, 12:58 PM
thanks Mike, I'll give that a try.