PDA

View Full Version : Parametric Line Based Array

Grumple
2009-07-03, 04:03 PM
Hi all,

I played with this idea a while back, but seem to have forgotten something...

Can someone take a look at the attached family and tell me why the array just stacks up ontop of each other, rather than arraying along the reference line...

I'm sure it is something to do with attaching the element to the ref planes, but haven't found a way that works.

Thanks in advance :)

Scott Wilson
2009-07-03, 04:33 PM
Try this. When creating the array, I used the Move to 2nd option. Then a formula based on length to calculate the number in the array. HTH.

bulletproofdesign
2009-07-04, 12:15 AM
Simple solution, to fix this.

Firstly scott is right. If your array consists of fixed size pieces that need to connect, make sure the array is set to 'next' not 'last'

In this instance, if you select one of the array groups, then select the dimension (as you would to apply the 'zigzag' parameter) you will notice an check box 'append to end' . This checkbox toggles between next/last array types based on the existing configuration.

Cheers.

Grumple
2009-07-06, 09:48 AM
Awesome! :)

Thanks guys!

Just to confuse this again though... What condition would you want to use the 'Move to Last' option?

Scott Wilson
2009-07-06, 05:33 PM
Use "move to last" if the elements in your array are not modular and do not require a fixed distance between them. Equally spaced floor joists, for example.

Grumple
2009-07-22, 09:40 AM
Nice...

Thanks Scott :)