PDA

View Full Version : New Legends in Revit 7.0

jarod.tulanowski
2004-11-03, 03:53 PM
I do like the new legend element in revit it works great for wall types and annotation symbols, one thing that bothers me though, is the inability to place host familys in the legend, Most of all legends in an architectural set are made up of symbols, lighting, plumbing, etc... Is there any way to counter this issue, or just add it to a wish list.

Thanks guys

eegbertson
2004-11-03, 04:21 PM
Between the Legend Component tool and the Symbol tool you should be able to place most if not all items you would want to show in a legend. Did you try both of these tools?

jarod.tulanowski
2004-11-03, 04:27 PM
????? The symbol tool. That tool does not let me add a family it only lets me ad a symbol not a family? Am I missing some step?

eegbertson
2004-11-03, 06:26 PM
The Symbol tool will allow you to place Section Heads, Level Heads and symbols such as North Arrow ect..
The Legend Component tool allows you to place all model based objects.
All other drafting type objects can be placed using their respective tools i.e. Detail Lines

What were you specifically having trouble with?

jarod.tulanowski
2004-11-03, 06:28 PM
awsome!!!!! that is what I was looking for thanks for the help

Allen Lacy
2004-11-03, 08:16 PM
Here's a bit of a strange occurrence. The actual symbol has lines in the section mark, but the legend does not. :screwy:

adegnan
2004-11-04, 01:21 PM
It seems that we cannot tag things that are in a legend? Am I correct?

If I tag a wall on a floor plan, I can use text to describe it in the legend.

But I'd like to be able to tag the wall in the legend, so that if the tag somehow changes then the tag in the legend should change also.

What do you think? If we can't do that, can a Moderator put this post to the wishlist?

Thanks.

Autodesk Revit
2004-11-23, 01:50 AM
This is an excellent wishlist - tag w/in legends. My own particular need is for walls - I'd like to show the Wall Type.

Thanks,
glynnis patterson, R.A.
Product Manager - Consulting Services
Ideate Inc.
www.ideateinc.com (http://www.ideateinc.com/)

jarod.tulanowski
2004-11-23, 05:25 AM
I agree great Idea!!