PDA

View Full Version : How draw leader without text?

brent.130528
2009-07-06, 03:32 PM
I do not like how Revit 2010 positions the leader at the end of the first line of multiline text when the text is to the left of the leader. Our standard is to put it at the end of the last line of text. Can this condition be changed? If not, can a leader be drawn independently from the text, so I can position it where I want?

dmoodydesign
2009-07-06, 03:42 PM
You can't change the location of the leader line other than flipping which side it is show on. Not sure you really want to go down the path of creating separate elements for text and arrows. With Revit it just isn't necessary. If you must, there is always the option to create lines and filled regions.

nsinha73
2009-07-06, 03:43 PM
We had similar Office Standards, but changed it to accommodate what Revit Provided, no more stress and no more questions.....all is happy ;-)

Andre Carvalho
2009-07-06, 03:53 PM
I agree. We all know Revit should allow us to change these things, but while wait until it allow us, just make Revit work for you the way it is, instead of doubling your work to match standards.

Andre Carvalho

bearden383
2009-07-06, 08:39 PM
You can always make a leader style with very very small text. You make the leader, type in a period and then move the leader where you want it to go. I don't like it, but I have had to do it a couple of times.

mbalsom
2009-07-06, 11:25 PM
Check post No 3 for leader family. You can even choose how leaders you want. Haven't tried in 2010 yet. http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=15900&highlight=multiple+arrows