PDA

View Full Version : Drafting View: Detail Comp. not loading

linds
2009-07-06, 06:27 PM
I am working on a drafting view of a jamb detail...I wanted to use a simple section of door casing from the "Profile" folder in the Imperial Library and it will not load... into my detail components?? Any ideas?

dmoodydesign
2009-07-06, 06:57 PM
Profiles are used for modeling components in your family, and don't work as detail pieces of Revit. You would load a profile if for example you wanted to make a sweep of that door jamb. It's probably in your project, just not in the location you are looking. Try expanding your Project Browser under Families, Profiles, and see if it is listed there.

cporter.207875
2009-07-06, 07:05 PM
Are you in the Family Editor trying to create a new detail component using the casing Profile family? Or are you in the project clicking "Detail Component" on the design bar and hoping to use the Profile that way?

Here's the deal: a Profile is a Profile. You cannot use a Profile as a detail component. You also cannot load Profile families into a Detail Component family. Profiles are meant to be extruded along a path to create 3D geometry. Since you are simply creating a jamb detail in a drafting view, your best bet is to create a new Detail Component and copy/paste the casing section from the Profile family to the Detail Component family.

linds
2009-07-07, 03:51 PM
Thank you so much...that is exactly what I needed to know. I found a section of a common profile online that I was able to idrop in the detail rather than drawing one. Thanks!