PDA

View Full Version : How to put new Revision Block on Sheet

sjsl
2004-11-03, 08:16 PM
I looked at the tutorial for the revision block. Looks cool. I am confused as to how to get this type of block on the drawing sheet in the first place. Do we have to use and modify a Revit sheet in order for this to function prpoperly or is there some other way?

JamesVan
2004-11-03, 09:21 PM
I'm just starting to explore this myself, but I have found that the Revision Schedule does have to be placed in a titleblock. The standard Revit titleblocks in 7.0 already have them. It helps to review those first before creating your own.

Chad Smith
2004-11-03, 09:32 PM
I am confused as to how to get this type of block on the drawing sheet in the first place.
Like James said, it is done in the title block family.
To insert a new revision schedule, on the menu you go, New > Revision Schedule. Then you drag it from the Project Browser onto your sheet, and change the schedules properties, just like any other schedule, to get it looking how you want it. Save.

All the rest of the revision stuff is now done in the project.

sjsl
2004-11-03, 09:53 PM
Thanks guys!

adegnan
2004-11-03, 10:20 PM
Discussion on this is also in the Wishlist, I think. We were experimenting at our LUG meeting but didn't find a work-around. We were trying to create a master revision schedule but found no way to do so. http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=10125

GuyR
2004-11-03, 10:56 PM
For those of us without A0 plotters, being able to drag the revision schedule around the sheet would be useful.

Guy