PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Settings 2010

barrie.sharp
2009-07-07, 08:51 AM
I have a Nvidia Quadro FX 1700. Anyone know what the best 3D settings are to run Revit 2010 most efficiently?

Also running dual monitors. Whilst it is good tiling views across two monitors, I am having a go at running Revit maximised in my default (widescreen) with the project browser on my second monitor (standard). I am wondering if there are performance gains by keeping Revit focused on one monitor. Again, what is the best mode for multi display in this instance. It's a shame Revit doesn't have a benchmark app so you can see the results.

Cheers

need4mospd
2009-07-07, 03:30 PM
I have a Nvidia Quadro FX 1700. Anyone know what the best 3D settings are to run Revit 2010 most efficiently?

If you find out let me know. I'm having TONS of graphical problems with this card. With hardware acceleration turned on, Revit 2010 is completely unusable. Either way, I get constant error messages, display issues, and crashes. Slower machines in our office have the old 8800GTX gaming card in them that blows this thing out of the water. My personal machine at home has an ATI 4850 that also severely outperforms this card, though that machine is a bit faster overall.

As for running multiple monitors, well, you just doubled the amount of pixels your card needs to display. You might have a better work flow with multiple monitors, I know I do, but the best setup for graphic performance is a single large widescreen with the lowest resolution you can stand. If I was to do a proper dual monitor setup, I'd have two graphics cards. Keeping Revit on one monitor should help as your card won't be working to process information to display on the second monitor, though it will still take some processing power.

barrie.sharp
2009-07-07, 04:22 PM
Wow! I don't have those issues :shock:

I just wanted the 3D shaded view to rotate smoother.

Not meaning to state the obvious but have you got the latest driver from Nvidia Version 182.67. I am running Vista 32bit SP2, 4GB ram with the memory boot switch and DirectX 10. The only issue I have is the ribbon doesn't always refresh until I pass the cursor over it which looks untidy but doesn't interupt my workflow at all.

need4mospd
2009-07-07, 04:59 PM
Wow! I don't have those issues :shock:

I just wanted the 3D shaded view to rotate smoother.

Not meaning to state the obvious but have you got the latest driver from Nvidia Version 182.67. I am running Vista 32bit SP2, 4GB ram with the memory boot switch and DirectX 10. The only issue I have is the ribbon doesn't always refresh until I pass the cursor over it which looks untidy but doesn't interupt my workflow at all.

I'm running driver 186.18 which is the latest.

I think we're going to attempt a Vista "upgrade" soon, we'll see if that does it.

sbrown
2009-07-07, 09:41 PM
Most of our revit users have opted for a single large monitor due to graphics issues with 2 monitors. Revit's performance on our stations that have a Wacom and LCD monitor is poor to say the least. Its hard enough to get a single display/graphics card combo that works well with revit. I think you'll have a hard time with dual displays unless you get dual video cards.

barrie.sharp
2009-07-08, 09:09 AM
I'm running driver 186.18 which is the latest.

LOL :lol: I only upgraded the driver a couple of weeks ago! Thanks for letting me know. Maybe Vista is the beneficial factor with this card.

SBROWN, what wacom is being used and why is it poor? I ask because I was considering a tablet like the bamboo. Is that the way to go? BTW big fan of your renders.