PDA

View Full Version : Lines with grips that stretch

linds
2009-07-07, 04:38 PM
Is there a way to create a custom family with lines that are adjustable or stretch to fit needs?? For example a custom view title that can be adjustable to the lenght of the text...like the one that comes set up with the view title. How do I create adjustable lines like that in my revit families.

Scott Womack
2009-07-07, 04:54 PM
Is there a way to create a custom family with lines that are adjustable or stretch to fit needs?? For example a custom view title that can be adjustable to the lenght of the text...like the one that comes set up with the view title. How do I create adjustable lines like that in my revit families.

You set up reference planes in your family, place a dimension, turn it into an instance parameter, and then lock the ends of a symbolic line to each of the reference planes.

To my knowlege, there is no way to query the length of the text for a view title line.

cporter.207875
2009-07-07, 04:55 PM
There are a couple ways you could get at a similar result.

For 2D lines, you could create a detail component like the one attached. There is probably a simpler way of doing it, but this is pretty easy, too.

For 3D lines, you would create a "generic model-line based."

cporter.207875
2009-07-07, 04:56 PM
Yeah, what Scott said.

linds
2009-07-08, 02:41 PM
Eeww..I can't see your drawing you must being using a newer version of Revit. I am using Revit Arch. 2008:(

cporter.207875
2009-07-08, 03:37 PM
Here is one created in Revit 2008. I did this one a little differently. I used the "Detail Component - Line based" family template. This is basically pre-set to do what Scott detailed in his post. The same would go for "Generic Model - Line Based."