PDA

View Full Version : How to...see a section where it doesn't cut?

aarong.200024
2009-07-07, 09:21 PM
Hi All,

We have a large school project where we did the building sections as several sepearate sections (basically in halves). For the plan, I'm trying to just use one detail number for referencing the entire buiding section in all views. This is creating an issue in plans where that section does not cut through any area of the plan. The section bubble will show up if I turn off the crop view and it will let me adjust the bubble ends to where I'd like them. As soon as I turn the crop view back on it vanishes. Annotation crop seems to have no effect. Does Revit not allow you to show a section in a view where it doesn't cut? Thanks.

wmullett
2009-07-07, 09:26 PM
You can add a new section cut using "reference other view" and pick the section you want from the drop down list. You can read about "Reference Sections" in your HELP.

aarong.200024
2009-07-08, 01:43 PM
Thanks, that may be the option to go with. Is there no other way to get the actual section to show up?

patricks
2009-07-08, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're trying to accomplish. Why would you want to have the main building section cut line show up in a view that doesn't extend over to where it's actually being cut? If it's an issue of the section view being just out of range of a particular plan view, then just use another section line with Reference Other View. You won't have to worry about 2 section lines showing up in overall plans, as reference section lines are view-specific.