PDA

View Full Version : Unknown room boundary

patricks
2009-07-08, 01:44 PM
I'm doing an addition to a building, which has an existing room in one corner. The renovation will remove part of the exterior wall, and expand that room out into the new addition.

To create the opening I just split the existing wall and demolished the portion that would be removed. Now when I place a room object in my New Construction plan, the room boundary only extends to the inside face of the existing wall, even though a large portion of that wall is now gone. What could be causing this? I have checked hidden elements and there are no room separation lines or anything like that.

wmullett
2009-07-08, 02:03 PM
I think if you turn off room bounding for the wall you demo'd, your problem will be solved. Click on that portion of wall and go to its properties - the switch is there.

dmoodydesign
2009-07-08, 02:20 PM
Make sure you created the original room while viewing the building as Existing phase only. I just checked all this and it worked fine for me when I added a new room in New Construction Phase.

You don't have a room boundary in any phase do you?

patricks
2009-07-08, 05:58 PM
I think if you turn off room bounding for the wall you demo'd, your problem will be solved. Click on that portion of wall and go to its properties - the switch is there.

I did this and it worked, but I don't see why, since rooms exist in one phase only. The wall is demo's in new construction, but the room in new construction acts as if there's a boundary still there unless I make that demo portion of wall non-room bounding. Of course this also means that I can't place a room in the existing phase.

Make sure you created the original room while viewing the building as Existing phase only. I just checked all this and it worked fine for me when I added a new room in New Construction Phase.

You don't have a room boundary in any phase do you?

I was referring to a new room created on the new phase, while the wall was created on existing and demo'd on new.

I also tried it in a blank file and it worked fine. 2 rooms divided by a wall, existing, wall demo'd, room placed in new phase and it filled the whole space. Still not sure what the issue is in my project.

No room boundary lines in any phase.