PDA

View Full Version : View Boundary wrecked by Linked Model

ppaige
2009-07-08, 02:36 PM
Something in one of our linked revit models is causing the view extents / boundary of our elevation views to go wacko on sheets (see attachment). When I turn the linked models off in VV, the boundary returns to just outside the crop region, where it should be by default.

Is there anyway to fix this without unlinking the revit models?

*Edit -
After an extensive process of elimination, I find that turning off annotation from the linked models seems to fix it. I don't know why there is even annotation linking in?!

Scott Womack
2009-07-08, 04:18 PM
Something in one of our linked revit models is causing the view extents / boundary of our elevation views to go wacko on sheets (see attachment). When I turn the linked models off in VV, the boundary returns to just outside the crop region, where it should be by default.
*Edit -
After an extensive process of elimination, I find that turning off annotation from the linked models seems to fix it. I don't know why there is even annotation linking in?!

What appears t me to be happening is there is an Autocad file that has been imported into more than one view inside the linked file. You can also try turning off all of the "Imported items" in the linked file as well.

These settings can be saved in a View Template, and applied to a whole series of documents within the Browser.