PDA

View Full Version : Callout/Section refereing to External Drawings

shamshirha
2009-07-08, 05:19 PM
We often draw a section or reference a drawing in one of our consultants drawings. For example, we draw a detail reference on architectural drawings that would refer to a detail in the structural drawing. Is there an easy way to do this, or do I need to create a dummy family that looks like a section and manually refer it to the external detail.

wmullett
2009-07-08, 05:52 PM
If you must do this .... You could create a dummy family ... or create a sheet that you don't include in your set - numbered like your consultant - make your callout and place it on that sheet.

dgreen.49364
2009-07-08, 06:08 PM
The easiest way to deal with this issue is with a note. We used to mess around with the dummy stuff and got tired of it. We use a note.

chris.macko125036
2009-07-08, 06:26 PM
how do you do your drawing index for consultant drawings? We create the dummy sheets for that, so adding a fake detail on one of those to reference isn't that much more work. Even if you don't do your index that way I'd think it would be easier to create the dummy sheet than making a family to look like a callout.

azmz3
2009-07-08, 06:28 PM
Dumm Sheets. thats the way we are doing this, even on our Architectural set. Since we have 5 buildings we are working with, alot of views are cross referenced between the buildings, and dummy sheets have come in handy so far.

sbrown
2009-07-08, 07:14 PM
We ask our consultants to submit their sheet list in and excel file. Then we use an external tool one of our employees created to create sheets from excel. So in a matter of seconds revit creates all the dummy sheets based on the excel and it even lets you change from titlecase to all upper case. I'm not sure if he's shared the tool but if you post on the API forum you might find it.