PDA

View Full Version : remodel confusion

vanderloo5
2009-07-08, 07:57 PM
Hi,
I recently finished a residential remodel plan for a client and after pricing out the work he decided to abort and redesign a more budget friendly plan. So I started by going in and changing all walls to be removed to stay, (in the existing floor plan) and I completely eliminated the "new floor plan". Problem is, all the walls that were in the new floor plan are still there in 3d view. Why wouldn't they go away when the new floor plan was eliminated? What is the easiest way to keep the existing floor plan, site, foundation, and start from scratch?
Thanks

dgreen.49364
2009-07-08, 09:17 PM
If you did not actually delete the new walls, simply deleted the view, the new walls are still part of the model. Create a new view showing new construction and they will be there.

cporter.207875
2009-07-08, 09:20 PM
Hi,
I recently finished a residential remodel plan for a client and after pricing out the work he decided to abort and redesign a more budget friendly plan. So I started by going in and changing all walls to be removed to stay, (in the existing floor plan) and I completely eliminated the "new floor plan". Problem is, all the walls that were in the new floor plan are still there in 3d view. Why wouldn't they go away when the new floor plan was eliminated? What is the easiest way to keep the existing floor plan, site, foundation, and start from scratch?
Thanks

As dgreen posted, create a new view showing only New Construction. Now select everything in this view and hit delete.

On a side note, deleting views will only delete the drafting/annotation elements in that view. No model elements are ever deleted just because a view is deleted.