PDA

View Full Version : Note Block Issue

sjsl
2009-07-09, 02:22 AM
I made the Note Block View and made two parameters one for number and one for description and loaded generic annotation tags for three different things.

I select the plan tag and describe it and number it, but it does not show up in the Note Block Schedule.

Why won't it link to the Note Block?

Scott Womack
2009-07-09, 10:38 AM
What version of Revit are you using?

The Note block has to be created for a specific family name of an annotation family. Also, I cannot remeber if the annotation paramaters need to be shared parameters in the generic annotation. I don't believe items made with an actual tag family appear in note blocks either, but I could be wrong on this one.

sjsl
2009-07-09, 02:13 PM
I'm using 2009.

dmoodydesign
2009-07-09, 02:19 PM
I happened to be working on some of this today as well. In case you didn't know, Note Blocks are annotation schedules. This took some digging in the Revit help. Then when you look up annotation schedule it tells you that it will list parameters of elements created in your model using the Symbol tool. Make sure that your elements are symbols to properly schedule.

Now how is this a helpful feature of Revit? I can't figure out how this is something that I need scheduled if it really is just a symbol? Anyone have some experience using these? Revit says "For example, you might want to attach a note to several walls, and that note might have a building description for each of the walls." Wouldn't it be better to Keynote this kind of information?

ajayholland
2009-07-09, 04:21 PM
The current keynoting sytem replaced the original "dumb" keynotes. These symbols are generic, and may be placed anywhere in a view. The description information is contained in the family, not extracted from the model.

Attached is an example (2009) that you may reverse engineer.

~AJH

guitarchitect7
2009-07-09, 04:39 PM
I happened to be working on some of this today as well. In case you didn't know, Note Blocks are annotation schedules. This took some digging in the Revit help. Then when you look up annotation schedule it tells you that it will list parameters of elements created in your model using the Symbol tool. Make sure that your elements are symbols to properly schedule.

Now how is this a helpful feature of Revit? I can't figure out how this is something that I need scheduled if it really is just a symbol? Anyone have some experience using these? Revit says "For example, you might want to attach a note to several walls, and that note might have a building description for each of the walls." Wouldn't it be better to Keynote this kind of information?

I've used note blocks a lot. The work being done was very custom and very detailed. I used "symbols" of annotation tags that reference a number. Then in the note block I schedule all those particular tags and their appropriate description. This saved me having to type the same notes over and over and over. Maybe there is a better way, but that work well for me.

dmoodydesign
2009-07-10, 01:46 PM
I've used note blocks a lot. The work being done was very custom and very detailed. I used "symbols" of annotation tags that reference a number. Then in the note block I schedule all those particular tags and their appropriate description. This saved me having to type the same notes over and over and over. Maybe there is a better way, but that work well for me.

This is project based correct? So you have to create every instance of every number right? We did this on one project and I found it tedious when we got to 45 demolition notes and tag types. Right now I would like to make some 1-10 notes on a per sheet basis that have the information keyed to the number, but only per sheet. Is it possible?