PDA

View Full Version : globe link problem

a.d.lange
2009-07-09, 09:41 AM
When I aquire from google earth, my screen plops to google earth and back again. But I don't get an image from google earth. When i export, it places my model somewhere in the ocean not near the selected site.

I work on a 64-bits vista. Installed everything as administrator (google earth, revit 2010, globe link 2010)

What's the problem??

Andre Baros
2009-09-15, 07:45 PM
I have the same problem on import, on export you may want to check the direction of your coordinates. For example, Google shows Chicago as 87 deg west, while Revit shows it as -87 deg. Same thing, but if you simply import the data from Google Earth it drops the "west" but doesn't automaticaly make it a negative value. Checking and changing that may put you back on dry land.

I'm trying to figure out why my Revit Globe link plug-in no longer sees that I have Google Earth installed (for export only, it imports just fine)

Teresa.Martin
2009-10-03, 04:39 AM
Hi.
Globe link does not work on Revit 64 bit when you go to publish. This is a known problem and a fix is supposed to be issued soon...I hope. I have a number of cases from customers on this issue and the Autodesk development team is aware of it. You will have to use Revit 32bit for this.
Best regards,

jamie.198808
2010-03-25, 07:10 PM
I realize this post is a few months old, but I have had similar problems, except on a 32 bit system. When I acquire, it flashes to Google Earth and brings it in, but there is no image. Just a "group" with lines that outline, what I can only assume would be the image. When I try to publish to google earth, it says "you must have Google Earth installed", which I obviously do. Anyone have this problem or no a way around it? It's quite frustrating, and I can't seem to find any sort of tutorial or how-to put together for this extension either. Anything would be helpful! Thanks!

ben.bringardner
2010-11-22, 06:51 PM
I am having the same problem on a 32 bit Revit 2011 system. Please post if anyone has found a solution yet.

Ben