PDA

View Full Version : Family instances HELP

comical_wenger
2009-07-10, 01:37 AM
Hi, I am using 2010, I do not seem to have anywhere near as many family instances as I should have. For example when i go to Place Components I have the option of:
- 2 trees
- 1 desk
- quite a few RPC trees
- Car Parks

How do I get stuff like toilets, sinks etc? Also all the names end in (AUS) is this because it is all the australian version has or how can I get more of these instances?
cheers

wmullett
2009-07-10, 01:12 PM
Did you look in the library installed on your machine/network? The families you initially see are what is loaded in the template you start with. You can create your own project template and load it up with the families you want/need. Look in you HELP searching with load for more information.

ruthellenwilliams
2009-07-10, 04:26 PM
In 2010, select "Insert" then "Load Family." This should take you to the default location for the Revit library in your Documents and Settings folder. If you can't find what you need there, then just "google" to find it on the internet. "Revit family toilet file" should give you lots of websites to look at. Be sure to check any families downloaded to be sure that they work properly. Also, many are larger than necessary, so try to find small efficient files. You may want to start a separate office library for the families that you download or create and also for any edited Revit-supplied families.