PDA

View Full Version : British Date format

barrie.sharp
2009-07-10, 02:37 PM
I noticed when I created a drawing list that the 'Sheet Issue' column shows a date as mm/dd/yy by default. I can manually change it but it would be nice to have it dd/mm/yy as default. Any tricks? And whilst i'm on topic for formats, what's the solution for Spot Slope to show inclines as 1:15,1:20 etc?

patricks
2009-07-10, 02:56 PM
I'm pretty sure the Issue Date under Project Information is just a text field. It can be letters, numbers, or whatever you want.

As for the Spot Slope, I'm not sure but I'll bet the Project Unit settings determines what that field shows, and you should be able to change it there.

Love the Tron avatar! :mrgreen:

gwnelson
2009-07-10, 03:13 PM
I wanted to use a modified date format too (xx.xx.xxxx) and the suggestion here was that the format is controlled by the OS. After trying to change it in Vista, nothing happened. You might look there & have better luck.

tomnewsom
2009-07-10, 03:16 PM
This issue has been around for aaaages. Yes, the filed is just text so it can be whatever you want, but it is automatically filled in when you create the sheet - always in american style. There's nothing you can do. Just change it manually (you can selsect multiple sheets in the browser and do them all at once)

barrie.sharp
2009-07-13, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the answers. I was hoping there might be a registry fix or ini change. As for the slope, project units don't offer a solution for british formats. I don't know why this isn't more flexible but I will have to just use standard annotation.