PDA

View Full Version : Energy Schedules

cbiddulph
2004-11-04, 03:52 PM
I want to be able to have Revit calculate the area of a wall and subtract out the doors and windows for energy calculations. I saw that you can export the gbxml to get an energy analysis but I was wondering if I could do this in a Revit schedule. Any suggestions?

aaronrumple
2004-11-04, 04:03 PM
The area of walls already has the door and window openings subtracted. sounds like what you need is door area and window area which can be calculated from the door/window schedules.

cbiddulph
2004-11-04, 04:38 PM
Thanks sound like I need to get in there and play around with the schedules a little more.

nrenfro
2004-11-04, 05:00 PM
I would be interested in what solution you arrive at. I too have been working on how to address this. I have not tested it but my thought is to add a Field to the window and door schedule that calculates the area. So between a wall, window and door schedule all the information could be extracted. I do wish that the wall schedule could tell you the area before and after components such as windows and door were added for energy and other reasons. good luck

gregcashen
2004-11-04, 06:30 PM
You could accomplish this through 2 schedules...One would be the exterior walls, another would be doors and windows filtered by exterior workset. Then you can add the area of the windows and doors back to the exterior wall area to arrive at the original exterior wall area without openings.