PDA

View Full Version : Obects jump in Revit 2010

dcretsinger
2009-07-13, 06:47 PM
Has anyone run into the problem where you select an object or line either in plan, elevaton, or 3d and the object actually "jumps/moves" to a new position along with a very noticable screen flicker? And I mean the objects themselves, not the UI. I've been working with 2010 for a month now with no problems and it just started happening, soon after I installed Service Pack 1. The only time I select something with a single click and it doesn't move is when it is in a camera/perspective view. Then everything works normally. I can select an item with a crossing window and it won't move but that doesn't really help much. I can't really work in Revit until I get this fixed since I can't select anything without it wanting to move 6" or a foot or 3 feet over. Walls, stairs, windows, linked CAD files, they all move.

I have dual monitors, Nvidia geforce 8800 gtx. I tried updating the graphics card, the mouse driver etc.... and nothing changed. I researched some slightly similar problems that occured back with R8 and R9 but it doesn't seem to be quite the same.

It happens in whatever file I use so it isn't unique to one particular file. Quicktime installed a new version of itself recently but I even uninstalled that and still the problem occurs.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Odd that it just started..........

Thanks.

wmullett
2009-07-13, 07:00 PM
We haven't installed the service pack yet.

Did the service pack default to having drag and drop on and you haven't unchecked that?

dcretsinger
2009-07-13, 07:14 PM
We haven't installed the service pack yet.

Did the service pack default to having drag and drop on and you haven't unchecked that?

Not sure where one "unchecks" the drag and drop function. The action I'm refering to occurs to objects present in the model, not ones that I am bring in new..........

Is there a place to uncheck the drag and drop?

Thanks.

iankids
2009-07-13, 07:57 PM
Not sure where one "unchecks" the drag and drop function. The action I'm refering to occurs to objects present in the model, not ones that I am bring in new..........

Is there a place to uncheck the drag and drop?

Thanks.

Hi dcretsinger,

The drag & drop tick box is on the bottom right hand side of the bottom tool bar, opposite whre the visibility controls (fine , medium coarse) are located.

Ian

dcretsinger
2009-07-13, 08:11 PM
Hi dcretsinger,

The drag & drop tick box is on the bottom right hand side of the bottom tool bar, opposite whre the visibility controls (fine , medium coarse) are located.

Ian

OK, thanks......... I guess I just never noticed it down there nor used it. I wonder if it got turned on with SP1..... The objects have stopped moving around but the screen flicker is still there along with a blank dockable bar that dulplicates itself temporarily everytime I select an object........... another item for me to research and see what the Revit interface is trying to do.......

Thanks

Scott Womack
2009-07-13, 08:38 PM
OK, thanks......... I guess I just never noticed it down there nor used it. I wonder if it got turned on with SP1..... The objects have stopped moving around but the screen flicker is still there along with a blank dockable bar that dulplicates itself temporarily everytime I select an object

We have two stations doing this, and we've isolated it down to those two stations having different models of graphics cards than any other computers in our office. The behavior you are describing is graphics card/ video driver based. Ours are NVida 3700 graphics cards.

DaveP
2009-07-13, 08:52 PM
We had a similar issue with previous versions.
Here's what fixed it for us (as weird as this seems)
Right-click on your Windows screen.
Go into Properties.
In the Display Properties dialog, select the "Settings" Tab.
In the image of the two monitors (the ones labeled 1 and 2), make sure the tops of the boxes are aligned. If one monitor is below the other, it may make the screen jump, and Revit ends up dragging your element.

HTH

dcretsinger
2009-07-13, 09:50 PM
We had a similar issue with previous versions.
Here's what fixed it for us (as weird as this seems)
Right-click on your Windows screen.
Go into Properties.
In the Display Properties dialog, select the "Settings" Tab.
In the image of the two monitors (the ones labeled 1 and 2), make sure the tops of the boxes are aligned. If one monitor is below the other, it may make the screen jump, and Revit ends up dragging your element.

HTH

That is a funny solution and one I'd never have thought of so I'll keep it in mind (mine was already lined up). It seems the drag and drop unchecking worked for keeping the selected element in place but has not stopped the screen from bounceing around. That definitely seems more graphics card related and if the nvidia 3700 is doing it I'm not surprised the my nvidia 3800 is having the screen jump when a selection is made. It didn't start until SP1 though.................... before that it was fine.

Rick Moore
2009-07-14, 04:20 PM
See this thread:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=100412

dcretsinger
2009-07-14, 06:24 PM
See this thread:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=100412

Thanks Rick, that solved it. I wonder if the SP1 triggered it since it hadn't been happening before............ although as it's fixed I don't really care.

Thanks again.

Rick Moore
2009-07-14, 06:53 PM
Thanks Rick, that solved it. I wonder if the SP1 triggered it since it hadn't been happening before............ although as it's fixed I don't really care.

Thanks again.

I saw it happen two days after 2010 came out. I re-installed the program and haven't seen it since.