PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2010 Including Service Pack in Network deployment

Baldwin_4-6-0
2009-07-14, 08:06 PM
Ok why does the .msp file not work?

anyone else get this error when trying to add the service pack to the deployment?

jstadler.79244
2009-07-14, 08:11 PM
Merging the Service pack to the deployment can not be done.

From the "Autodesk® Revit® Architecture 2010 Update 1 Readme "
Apply This Update to a Network Administrative Image

At this time it is not possible to “Merge” this update to a network Administrative Image created using the Deployment Wizard.

Baldwin_4-6-0
2009-07-14, 08:22 PM
Yeah I read that in the Readme,
But I am not merging, just trying to "append service packs onto the deployment" much like Revit 2009 when it worked.

So are you telling me that what Autodesk meant was the "Include Service Pack" Doesn't work at all?

If so, that is a warm solid bodily excretion coming from the lower extremities!

tonyisenhoff
2009-07-15, 08:36 PM
Ditto here... I get the same message you do when trying to include the SP from a local or network drive.

So, I tried using the first option; from Autodesk.com. No error message during the deployment creation, but when I ran the deployment, it was almost done, then started to roll back... Arghhh!

I understand that you can do this with the "Append" option. Even Autodesk told me that...

Got a support ticket open w autodesk. I"ll let you know what I hear from them.

thnx all

brethomp
2009-07-17, 05:39 PM
I already closed a support request on this. At this time there is no way to modify a deployment, or to build a deployment that will install 2010 Update 1. You are stuck deploying and patching. :(

Baldwin_4-6-0
2009-07-27, 01:47 PM
Ok,
Thanks for replys.
I will just write it into a .bat file.

bwinterscheidt
2009-07-28, 02:44 PM
Working on the same thing on x64, and have noticed that if the deployment image is NOT on a local drive, the .MSP extracted by the Deployment Wizard (using the first option, to download automatically) is 0 bytes.

Copy the downloaded SP1 .exe (found at [YourDeploymentLocation]\AdminImage\ServicePacks) to your local drive, extract the .msp properly, then copy the .msp back to the network location. Use the second option to specify SP1 location on the server...

I have been able to append the SP successfully in this manner. Haven't tried to merge.

Baldwin_4-6-0
2009-07-28, 03:40 PM
Working on the same thing on x64, and have noticed that if the deployment image is NOT on a local drive, the .MSP extracted by the Deployment Wizard (using the first option, to download automatically) is 0 bytes.

Copy the downloaded SP1 .exe (found at [YourDeploymentLocation]\AdminImage\ServicePacks) to your local drive, extract the .msp properly, then copy the .msp back to the network location. Use the second option to specify SP1 location on the server...

I have been able to append the SP successfully in this manner. Haven't tried to merge.

tried all that.
only difference, I am using x32.

brethomp
2009-07-28, 08:35 PM

Thanks bwinterscheidt. That worked perfectly! :) I can now deploy directly to "Update 1"