PDA

View Full Version : Rotate the project @ 60pct Submittal

cadman6735
2009-07-14, 08:35 PM
I need to rotate a project that is past 60% submittal stage. We need to rotate this project 180deg.

From what I am experiencing:

Rotate True North only rotates per view.

Rotate Project North only rotates the Project North and not the model

Mirror Project won't work because it will change some wall sweeps and the "ok" is grayed out and I only have the option to select "cancel"

And

I can't just grab the model and rotate it because I am only grabbing what is in the active view, so I am right back to it only rotates this one view.

I have spent 2 hours trying to find a solution.

How do I rotate an entire project 180deg and keep it intact?

Thanks

wmullett
2009-07-14, 08:40 PM
Rotate the site as it relates to your model - don't rotate your model. Then just set where true north is.

cadman6735
2009-07-14, 09:34 PM
The Architect drew the model upside down compared to the site plan and the Gov. requires us to meet their site plan.

I remember in training that the instructor made it look so easy to do (with a stick house) example

But I have figured it out. We will turn our title borders upside down so when it prints it will look correct.

wmullett
Thanks for the reply, so there is no way to rotate a project in mid swing? I kind of thought not because of all the linking of view and such.

Thought I would ask though.

wmullett
2009-07-14, 09:56 PM
You can rotate the project as I said .... but you want to rotate all the views. That's a different issue. You can keep the model as it is and rotate all the views easily and all text and dimensions will be correct. I would think that your rotating the sheet will give you incorrect text and dimensions when printed.

cadman6735
2009-07-14, 10:02 PM
yes,

rotating the border was a disaster.

I will try rotating the views tomorrow. I am tired and fed-up.

Thanks for you help, today.

azmz3
2009-07-15, 02:09 PM
why not just keep the model where it is, and rotate the view on the sheet? i wuld think that would be the easiest way instead of spending a bunch of time trying to figure out how to rotate the actual project.

jlewis.135742
2009-07-15, 06:17 PM
Revit only allows a 90 degree max rotation on a sheet either clockwise or counterclockwise. you do have a little bit of a problem, but make no mistake .. you would have a problem if the project were in AutoCAD also @ 60% noted up with dimensions, text, elevation marks, etc.

do they just require the project properly rotated on the site plan? That would be an easy fix. If they really do require you to rotate the project to as close to true North as possible on all sheets (very few projects ever can actually have project north and true north match), then you will have some cleaning up to do.

you can use the "rotate project" command to make the change and then clean up as required. whatever you do, DO NOT try to simply select the entire project and rotate it using the regular rotate command.

anyone have a better idea on how to help this individual??

iamreavis
2009-07-15, 06:47 PM
Could you rotate the crop region for each view and then rotate the views on the drawings to make it look the same? I know that rotating the crop region clears up a lot of issues with column grids, etc. being oriented the wrong direction.

For instance, we have a building that is very long in the N-S axis compared to E-W. If you rotate the view on the sheet to make it fit a D-size, the column grid letters and numbers read the wrong way. We've found that rotating the crop region in the view, and then not rotating it on the sheet works like a charm.

Worth a shot!