PDA

View Full Version : Double Hung Sash Constraints

signalbass
2009-07-16, 07:28 PM
Does anyone know what controls the double hung sash heights in stock Revit double hung windows? I am trying to make a (2) wide unit by copying a stock Revit double hung. The copied version sashes do not flex properly when the height is changed?
There are very few reference planes in the stock window components, so it is hard to tell what the sashes are constrained to....

Paul Monsef
2009-07-16, 07:44 PM
Are you nesting the double hung windows?

Here's a cleaned up version that I made a while back.

signalbass
2009-07-16, 07:59 PM
Previously I was nesting them, but I was having trouble having side casing follow the nested windows as the size changed.
So I decided to just create a double unit rather than nesting the units that way I thought I would have more control over casing, sill ,etc...So I was copying a premade Revit unit and placing it next to the stock rRevit unit, but when I would flex the height, the sash on the copied unit wouldn't follow...
I finally found the reference plane for the sash within the shape, so I deleted that and just reset the constraints for the sash outside of the shape.
It looks like it is working!!! Thanks for the response....

Paul Monsef
2009-07-16, 08:06 PM
Previously I was nesting them, but I was having trouble having side casing follow the nested windows as the size changed.
So I decided to just create a double unit rather than nesting the units that way I thought I would have more control over casing, sill ,etc...So I was copying a premade Revit unit and placing it next to the stock rRevit unit, but when I would flex the height, the sash on the copied unit wouldn't follow...
I finally found the reference plane for the sash within the shape, so I deleted that and just reset the constraints for the sash outside of the shape.
It looks like it is working!!! Thanks for the response....
Glad it worked out. I do find nesting a little easier in the long run, but try to only nest the bare min. (Window frame & glass typically).