PDA

View Full Version : How to fix Door levels in Curtain Walls?

artturi.bjork
2009-07-17, 12:17 PM
Hi.

I'm having trouble with some doors in curtain walls. Altho the curtain wall has a bottom constraint the doors have no level. I've tried changing the panel to a solid wall (with a bottom constraint) and back to a door with no success of obtaining a level for my door.

I searched the site for an answer and found a thread from 2008, where the solution was to delete all the grid lines around the door and draw them again, but I was wondering if anyone has found an easier way of doing this since this solution is quite cumbersome.

Regards,

Artturi

cliff collins
2009-07-17, 01:07 PM
1. Curtainwall doors are simply a Type of Curtain Panel--so they react/adjust in the same manner a Curtain Panel does.

2. You can "nest" a solid wall in a Curtain Panel, and then insert a "normal" door family
into it, and then have more choices for doors.

3. You can also edit the profile of the curtainwall and "carve out" a rectangular opening
where doors are required--and use the embedded host wall for door placement. This will allow complete contol of the door and its Level constraints/offsets, etc.

cheers..................

wmullett
2009-07-17, 04:22 PM
I don't like nesting walls into panels to host a door. Curtain wall doors are typical odd sizes and I don't see a reason too use regular doors. We have setup parameters that will read curtain wall doors correctly and determine their size for our schedule.

I just checked a test project out and my curtain wall door shows the level it's on. Do you have more than one door in your curtain wall and on different levels? That must be what you are doing. Remember, you can host the wall on one level and edit the profile to drag it down to another level. If you have doors in the same wall on different levels, I would look at splitting the wall up. That would be simplier I think.

artturi.bjork
2009-07-17, 07:48 PM
I don't like nesting walls into panels to host a door. Curtain wall doors are typical odd sizes and I don't see a reason too use regular doors. We have setup parameters that will read curtain wall doors correctly and determine their size for our schedule.

I just checked a test project out and my curtain wall door shows the level it's on. Do you have more than one door in your curtain wall and on different levels? That must be what you are doing. Remember, you can host the wall on one level and edit the profile to drag it down to another level. If you have doors in the same wall on different levels, I would look at splitting the wall up. That would be simplier I think.

There is only one door per curtain wall. Most of the curtain wall doors show a correct level. I only have problems with a couple of them. I'm also using a curtain wall that takes it's dimensions from the curtain wall division and I'm not keen on using normal doors for curtain walls. My problem is pretty much what is described here, altho the solution does not work: http://revitize.blogspot.com/2008/08/curtain-wall-doors-and-levels.html

Thanks for the replies.