PDA

View Full Version : Templates from an existing project??

the_gibson
2009-07-20, 12:46 AM
Hi,

My office is new to Revit and we are in the process of working through our first project.
We have created a project template file to get started but after working through our 1st project we would like to update/revise our current template.

We were hoping to use a copy of our current project, delete out all that we dont want still leaving all the good bits that we have discovered/created throughout the job thus leaving us with a comprehensive template.

However, once i have stripped the file down it wont save as a template file becasue worksharing has been enabled.

Does anyone know a way around this or a better way to create and update their templates??

thanks

Scott Womack
2009-07-20, 10:27 AM
However, once i have stripped the file down it wont save as a template file becasue worksharing has been enabled

The Template file format was designed in a manner that cannot contain worksets. You can try opening a blank file with no template, then load the file you want as a group, and then "ungroup" it. (You will have to have an item placed in plan view to select it) Then delete the group definition, and transfer project standards from the other file into this new blank one, and save it as a template.