PDA

View Full Version : Cut Profile Line Weights

ws
2009-07-21, 10:01 AM
Would anyone know where to change the line weight for the cut profile tool?
I find it a bit heavy.

I've searched through the various options but cannot decide which it is - and I don't want to start changing the wrong settings (again) ;)

thanks.

cliff collins
2009-07-21, 01:27 PM
From RAC 2010 Help:

"To change the graphic display (such as line weight or color) of elements in the view, right-click the element, and click Override Graphics in ViewBy Element. See Overriding Visibility and Graphic Display of Individual Elements."

Looks like you have to override the graphics after editing the cut profile.
I think perhaps the line weight that the Edit Cut Profile tool uses is related to the Object Style of the element which is being edited?

I can't find any way to globally change the line weight/style for the Edit Cut Profile tool.

cheers........

aaronrumple
2009-07-21, 01:40 PM
The cut profile line weight (and pattern) is tied directly to the object's style for cut line and pattern. It will use the global object styles or the views overrides. This actually makes sense in that you are adjusting the cut of the object.

Unfortunately, you cannot uuse the linework tool on the cut profile, just on the physical edges that are cut from the host object.

ws
2009-07-21, 02:05 PM
Thanks Cliff and Aaron,

I was looking in the right place but did not understand the exact relationship until now...

I see that the problem arises in my cavity wall section because the Cut Profile sketch lines which are interior to my wall adopt the same thickness as the cut wall outermost faces - '3' I think...

but the wall interior lines which connect to the Cut Profile sketch lines adopt the Walls->Common Edges setting which by default is '1' thus showing a jump in line thickness.

Mystery solved (not to mention I can now tweak the line weights of roofs, floors etc etc ) :)