PDA

View Full Version : Moving Groups

e.wee1790
2003-09-05, 04:57 AM
I am wondering if in Revit, I would be able to move the grouped objects vertically lower (say 2 metres ) without recreating the elements over multiple levels? It is merely a massing model on a contoured terrain. I have tried creating a ref plane but it doesn't snap to vertical plane... help needed for presentation this evening.... ta!

JPEG attachment included

beegee
2003-09-05, 06:11 AM
A very quick reply, cos you're in a hurry ( me too ! )

Firtsly, its unclear from the jpeg, if the grouped elements are floors and (curtain) walls. I'm assuming they are.

Copying groups can be problematic ( check out the threads when you get time ) So, start by ungrouping them, then try copying a few ( of the same type) at a time. Do it bit by bit, dealing with any warning or error dialogues as they occur, and this will let you know if you can continue in that manner.

If difficulties occur, its best to define a new level and recreate from there. The beauty of Revit is that this should not take very long. I haven't personally done much work with massing, so I'm unsure if you will meet too many problems.

Good luck !

PeterJ
2003-09-05, 06:29 AM
They are just walls and slabs grouped together. When ungrouped, only the slab can be moved vertically (in elevation/section) but the wall is constraint to the levels.

I can create levels, but there will be a lot of levels.... 13 units x 3 floor levels... 39 levels... but I'm gonna work on it now, seems like it's the only way.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, beegee

I think you responded to beegee in the wrong thread....

e.wee1790
2003-09-05, 08:29 AM
They are just walls and slabs grouped together. When ungrouped, only the slab can be moved vertically (in elevation/section) but the wall is constrained to the levels.

I can create levels, but there will be a lot of levels.... 13 units x 3 floor levels... 39 levels... but I'm gonna work on it now, seems like it's the only way.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, beegee