PDA

View Full Version : No Save dialog box -- CANNOT SAVE!

Haden
2009-07-21, 10:38 PM
I have recently installed Revit Arch 2010, but am still using 2009. Today, I opened a file and when I do a save or a saveas, the dialogue box does not appear and I have to escape out of the save command. At first, I thought it was worksharing-related, as I was in a copy of a central file which had been disconnected. However, after rebooting and reopening Revit, creating a new fresh project, and attempting to save, the same thing happens: no save dialogue box. I checked the license, which is good, and I even tried plotting after making changes, to make sure I was not getting "Demo" behaviour, and plotting works fine.

It also does not appear to be a dual-screen-related issue either, even though I am running a 2nd monitor from my laptop. I tried switching to single-monitor mode, and I still have the same problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Scott Womack
2009-07-22, 10:11 AM
in 2010 after working awhile, especially after printing to PDF, a dialog box will come up, but at first I cannot see it. Its like it is either in the background, or 100% transparent. After moving my mouse around the central portion of the screen, the buttons will eventually become visible.

This is obviously graphics card/driver/memory leak related. Turning off hardware accelleration makes it longer before this occurs. Saving to Central often, and rebooting at lunch seems to help prevent this from occurring.

Never occurred in 2009

Haden
2009-07-22, 01:52 PM
Again, it WAS an issue of the dialogue being off the screen. I used <Alt> + <Spacebar>, then select "Move" from the menu, and using the arrow keys, moved the dialogue back into view.