PDA

View Full Version : Circulation lines

oskyaqui
2009-07-22, 01:24 PM
Hi, we want to draw circulation lines, usually we do a thick dashed polyline, in revit you don't get sharp ends on the thick lines, I tried to use a repeating detail but it does not work well as it is hard to conect each end. I had the idea of using a handrail family type to do this, would it be OK?

Could you please suggest something else?

Please refer to attached PDF...

Thanks a lot

cporter.207875
2009-07-22, 02:15 PM
My first inclination would be to create a line based detail component. This way you can easily control the thickness and still get the sharp edges that you mentioned.

need4mospd
2009-07-22, 03:31 PM
What's really wrong with rounded line ends? They work better for non-90 degree angles, they resemble a drafting pen line, Revit does it out of the box with line styles, and you don't have to spend time creating new families.

If you insist on the sharp edges, then go with Cory's suggestion as that's the only way I can think of. Though I can't say I recommend adding families and increasing your file size for the sole purpose of making it act like AutoCAD...

patricks
2009-07-22, 11:43 PM
We use a line-based detail component with nested arrayed directional arrows and instance parameters to display a circle at the beginning of the line and an arrow at the end of the line. It works pretty well in my opinion.