PDA

View Full Version : Model Groups and Text

Michelle Gibson
2009-07-22, 05:12 PM
I need to include text as part of my model group - it is sytems furniture work stations and I need to be able to identify sf for each station. Is there a way to attach or associate text with a model group?

thanks again

Scott Wilson
2009-07-22, 05:24 PM
You can attach model text.

twiceroadsfool
2009-07-22, 05:40 PM
When you are in the Model Group Editing it, Click the Attach Detail Button. (It will then prompt you to name a DETAIL group.) Then you will be in the detail group, and you can add regular text and notes and tags to it. Then, that detail group will be with the model group.

It wont place every detail group for you, but then when you select the Model groups, in the Ribbon you will see the "Attached Details" button, and you can click that to put the detail group in the view, and it will place it and stay coordinated amongst all the model groups.

Scott Womack
2009-07-22, 06:43 PM
I need to include text as part of my model group - it is sytems furniture work stations and I need to be able to identify sf for each station. Is there a way to attach or associate text with a model group?

Another method, a little more "convoluted", but automated, is to create a family, (I'll call it "XYZ" for simplicity. In this object nest a generic annotation family, with the label in it hooked to an instance text parameter in the XYZ family. Now the text will appear when this family is added to each of the groups. The added benefit is that you can now schedule this family, which is in effect scheduling the groups themselves.

Michelle Gibson
2009-07-23, 12:02 PM
Thanks everyone. My BIM guru suggested the family methodology as it would not bog down the drawing as much as groups, given that I had hundreds of these things. It was modelled with parameters so that I could change the station size as well.

josh.young683128
2015-01-09, 07:38 PM
Yesss, you rock! Thank you!