PDA

View Full Version : Annotation Template for a generic graphics detail

jamesr
2009-07-22, 05:39 PM
I'm working on a series of standard CYA diagrams for the office that we'd like to have as families so that we can quickly drop them into our existing projects. The one I'm starting with consists of simple plan views of plumbing fixtures with dimensions.

In an ideal world, I'd like them to be placed on sheets in the same way you'd place a legend. However, since they're drawn to scale, using the out of the box Generic Annotation template doesn't work very well to make the family since it's at 1:1.

Does anyone have a suggestion (aside from copy paste between legends) or a template they can share?

Thanks.

Scott Womack
2009-07-22, 06:38 PM
Create them as a Legend, Then using the Autodesk Extensions, there is one called "Freeze Drawings" where you can select a specific view. It in effect creates a CAD file of the view (Legends are an acceptable selection), and bring it into a Drafting view. You can then trace, select (or heavens forbid) explode it. You can then add the Generic annotation family, or just add regular Revit text.

Since it ends up as a Drafting View, you can import this into as many projects in the future. The reason for using this methodology is to get the components in the legend view to become just linework. That is the only reason.