PDA

View Full Version : Lowest Wall Height

ford347
2009-07-27, 05:17 PM
So I came across something interesting today....I could not create a wall less than 1-1/4"? At 1-3/16", an error stated that the top of the wall is lower than the base (which was not the case). It's not like you have a need for this everyday, but in this case, I am creating a set of field drawings for a radius staircase and the bottom plates will be 1-1/8" plywood, so I was trying to represent that plate with a wall.

I finally ended up getting it, but I had to draw a reference plane 1-1/8" above the floor and attached the wall to the reference plane. I tried making the wall a non-room bounding wall, constraining the top to the same level and giving it a top offset (which is what I normally do), un-connecting the wall and giving it an unconnected height, etc. Nothing seemed to work except attaching the wall to the reference plane. Who knows, maybe it's just my wall type or something?

Just a bit of info in case any of you ever run into this.

-Josh

patricks
2009-07-27, 07:31 PM
Why didn't you just do that bottom plate as a floor object?

ford347
2009-07-27, 07:56 PM
Yeah, could have. I have a multitude of families I use for wall framing, but it's always just been habit that when it's not that important for the fab drawings, or if I don't have a family for a particular condition, such as this, I've just always used walls, mainly for scheduling purposes for wall materials etc. But in this case, you're right, I could have used any number of things. I just found it interesting that you couldn't generate a wall height under 1.25" without attaching it to a ref. plane.

Thanks.