PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall

Cathy Hadley
2003-09-05, 05:46 PM
I have a client running Win98 and revit 5.1, he'd like to uninstall to install the new build, however Revit is not showing up in the remove programs list.

I saw a post over on the NG about the same issue, but there was no answer posted?

HELP...

thanks

Cathy

Steve_Stafford
2003-09-05, 05:58 PM
Call Revit support, they may be able to give you an application to run that will let you uninstall it. That worked for me when I had a similar problem. May as well warn them, the next release of Revit will not be supporting 98!

Cathy Hadley
2003-09-06, 12:52 AM
Exactly as you stated... got the zap it file and we shall see... haven't heard back as to wether they could follow the instruction yet...

When *they* say won't support Win98... do you think that means... won't run? at all? well?

And yes... I've been on that band wagon already... time to upgrade that system...

LRaiz
2003-09-06, 03:03 AM
In the case of Revit, "Will Not Support" means...IT WILL NOT INSTALL!

HTH,
- LR

" "'s and emphasis added by meddlesome "Q"

Doug
2003-09-07, 06:53 PM
I am running Windows XP pro... I can not uninstall either... talked to Revit and spent an afternoon with Steve B... I still have Revit 5.0 on my computer... and 5.1... Not sure what is going to happen with the next release... seems that have just punted it for later.
If you get it figured out let me know!!!

Doug