PDA

View Full Version : Strange Visibility Problem.

Paul P.
2004-11-05, 03:20 PM
Has anyone come across a situation where you have furniture, walls, detail lines, doors, windows, stairs etc. appearing in a level below where their supposed to be.

I've come to do a foundation layout and most of the stuff on my ground floor plan (not all of it though) is appearing on this lower level, even the cavity wall above is showing up in place of the foundation wall.

I've cross-checked all the setting I can think of e.g. Vis. range etc. with another job using the same template and setup and cant find anything different.

Anyone got any ideas.

Regards, Paul.

aggockel50321
2004-11-05, 03:51 PM
Anyone got any ideas.
Underlay set to none?

Paul P.
2004-11-05, 03:56 PM
Problem solved, I just shut the drawing down and restarted my computer and the problems has disappeared. Very strange. :???:

Thanks anyway Andrew.

Paul.

aggockel50321
2004-11-05, 04:01 PM
Was the problem in 7.0, Paul?

BillyGrey
2004-11-05, 04:03 PM
Hi Paul,

Were your bits from above appearing fragmented?

Thanks

Bill

Paul P.
2004-11-05, 05:02 PM
Andrew, still 6.1 unfortunately. Not had the pleasure of using 7 yet. :-(

Bill, no the bits weren't fragmented they were all intact, just not everything from the ground floor level showed up on the level below.

Paul.

BillyGrey
2004-11-05, 10:32 PM
O.K., Thanks,

I ask because I'm having some individual issues, and it seems they are perhaps related more to my machine that the proggy.

Ciao

papurajx
2004-11-05, 10:54 PM
Problem solved, I just shut the drawing down and restarted my computer and the problems has disappeared. Very strange. :???:

Thanks anyway Andrew.

Paul.

Better be watchful!!!! It might reappear again anytime. It has happened to me once before. As you close and open the project, the problem seems to be solved but suddenly without your knowledge it might reappear again unless you fix it permenantly by sending it to the Revit Support Team.

Chad Smith
2004-11-05, 10:54 PM
Yes, I had some columns on a 1st floor level showing on the level below. I thought this was really strange, and immediately thought that it had to do with the Underlay property, but it wasn't.
I couldn't solve this issue, and since I was in a rush I had to delete the 3D component and fudge it with some 2D linework. It didn't occur to me to restart Revit, I'll have to fix the project up on Monday.