PDA

View Full Version : Existing Concrete Column Graphics

dnowell
2009-07-29, 05:32 PM
I am trying to get some existing concrete columns to graphically appear as solid black poche. The rest of the existing elements are half-tone cross hatched.

What is the best way to make this work?

The attached file shows what I am working toward.

I am using Revit Architecture 2008.

Thanks in advance.

dnowell
2009-07-29, 09:03 PM
I finally realized that I can just override the graphics in view by selecting all instances, override graphics in view, by element, then change the cut pattern. I will have to do that in each of my plan views but it seems to be the best option for now.

I'm still open to other suggestions.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the columns to cut (or at least display on top of) the walls rather than the walls going through them. Is there an easier/better way than splitting the walls and trimming them to the columns?

Paul Monsef
2009-07-29, 09:32 PM
I finally realized that I can just override the graphics in view by selecting all instances, override graphics in view, by element, then change the cut pattern. I will have to do that in each of my plan views but it seems to be the best option for now.
Well that's the only way I can think of to do it. The 'Existing' graphic override is for all existing elements.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the columns to cut (or at least display on top of) the walls rather than the walls going through them. Is there an easier/better way than splitting the walls and trimming them to the columns?
I think that depends on the column. Structural columns will cut through the wall 'structure' layer while Architectural columns will be cut by the wall.